Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
2. What information do we collect?
2.1. Information that you provide: Name and e-mail address – information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering to receive our free products; Name, postal address, phone and credit card information – information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any payments you make for our services; Demographic information – used to improve our marketing, products and services (IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation); any information that you may provide when completing surveys that we may use for research purposes, although you are not required to respond to these; any other information that you choose to provide to us.
All such information is strictly protected and used only for delivering the content and products the user has signed up for or purchased, or for finding other people who may find our information valuable. This information is NEVER used for other purposes and is NEVER shared with 3rd parties for their own use.
A note about demographic information:
We contract with information providers that help us better understand people visiting our sites and advertise to those who find our content relevant. We may share PII with such companies provided that they have explicit policies to not share our data with any other parties and solely for the purpose of helping us understand our customers better. This technique is also called “database marketing.” There is no central “opt out” place that we are aware of. There are efforts underway to reach a standard that would apply automatically based on browser settings.
Regardless of the state of privacy as a whole, you can avoid us finding out extra demographic information about you by doing the following:
1. email us using our contact page.
2. in the subject line write: “Privacy – opt out of demographic information”
3. make sure you enter the same email that you provided as customer or subscriber
2.2 Information we collect by automatic means Cookies: Like many other commercial sites, our site utilizes standard technologies called “cookies” and clear GIFs to collect information about how our Site is used. A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer’s hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. Cookies were designed to help a website recognize a user’s browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. A cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that set the cookie. A cookie cannot pass on a computer virus or capture any of the Personally Identifiable information. WholenessWork.org may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. WholenessWork.org will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. WholenessWork.org will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognize you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Clear GIFs: At times, we work with third-party service partners that employ clear GIFs (also known as pixel tags, single pixel GIFs, web beacons or action tags) for our benefit to help us measure advertising effectiveness. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of our users. The main difference between the two is that clear GIFs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear GIFs are not tied to your Personally Identifiable Information and only track the visitor traffic and behavior to and on our Site. Clear GIFs can “work with” existing cookies on a computer if they are both from the same website or advertising company. That means, for example, that if a person visited “www.companyX.com,” which uses an advertising company’s clear GIF, the website would match the clear GIFs identifier and the advertising company’s cookie ID number, to show the past online behavior for that computer. This collected information can be shared with the advertising company. We do, at times, provide such information to our third-party advertising service partners, but that information never includes personally identifiable information.
We may use AdWords Remarketing that is a Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting service provided by Google. It connects the activity of WholenessWork.org with the Adwords advertising network and the Doubleclick Cookie. You can opt out of the cookie tracking here.
– administer the website; – should you be using any services on this website which requires payment send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you; – send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications; – send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications) – deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; – to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; – to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; – to notify you of our service.
Where you submit information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
– to the extent that we are required to do so by law; – in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; – in order to establish, exercise or defend legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk) of WholenessWork.org our customers and others.
5. How do we store your email information? WholenessWork.org will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.Your email information (email address, first name) is stored at the list server that delivers WholenessWork.org newsletters. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. WholenessWork.org will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
All of the newsletters that are sent to you by WholenessWork.org include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our newsletters. If you have purchased any of our programs, you will continue to receive mailings related to your purchase. If you are an affiliate partner, then you will continue to receive mailings related to our affiliate program. If you would like to be removed from any of these mailings, please contact us.
In addition, information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and will be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.